Monday, October 17, 2011

Awesome Pumpkin Muffins

I absolutely love Gluten Free Mama's flour!  I just can't say that enough.  I really can't!  The main reason I love this flour is that my baked goods taste like the real thing.  No gritty taste.  No crumbly texture.  Only perfection. 

I have been using this flour for over a year.  I have tried others, but I just haven't been as pleased with the results.  Yesterday, I decided to put it to the real test.  Could I take a favorite recipe from my days of eating anything and covert it to gluten free and still have it be a favorite?  YES!!!!!!! 



These Pumpkin Muffins turned out great.  They were divine!  They were moist and the texture was silky smooth!  Delicious!  My family is ecstatic!  I will be baking these up and keeping them in the freezer for a quick breakfast or treat!

PUMPKIN MUFFINS:

3 Cups Gluten Free Mama's Almond Blend Flour
2 Cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp xantham gum
2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cloves
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp salt
2 cups canned pumpkin
2/3 cup canola oil
3 eggs


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Whisk all dry ingredients (flour through salt) together in a large mixing bowl.  In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin, oil, and eggs.  Stir pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture.  Spoon into muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.  A toothpick inserted into the muffin should come out clean.



Okay....so here is the embarrassing thing.  As I was writing this recipe I realized I never put in the baking powder.  I don't even know if it would have made a difference.  These muffins had a nice rise to them and the texture was great.  The next time I bake these, I will follow my directions and see!  Always helps to read those directions!  I will keep you posted.  In the meantime, I guess it is up to you whether you add it or not.  Good luck.  Just remember, if they don't turn out.....it's the baking powder's fault!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...