Thursday, April 12, 2012

Caribbean Citrus Salmon and Cauliflower Rice

I love baked salmon.  It is so easy, not to mention delicious and good for you.  I usually make it with a brown sugar glaze, but I am trying to cut out sugar.  I decided to try something new and it turned out wonderfully!  I thought I would share it with you.


Caribbean Citrus Salmon

Salmon
Olive Oil
1 lemon
Mrs. Dash Caribbean Citrus Blend
8-10 Cloves of garlic minced
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with foil and place the fish on top (this makes for an easy clean up).  Drizzle the fish with olive oil.  Rub the fish with the oil, so the entire fish is covered.  Squeeze 1/2 of the lemon over the fish.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Generously cover the fish with the Mrs. Dash seasoning.  Add minced garlic to cover the fish.  Cover fish with a tent of foil making sure it is secure to the baking sheet, but not touching the fish.  Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.  Cut up the remaining lemon to serve with the fish for added flavor.

I served this with cauliflower rice.  If you have never tried "ricing" your cauliflower, you should.  It was great.  I had never tried it before, but decided to give it a try.  I used the cauliflower rice recipe from the Make It Paleo cookbook by Bill Staley and Haley Mason.  There are some great recipes in that cookbook!  I borrowed it from the library, but it is on my wish list to own!  I added basil and oregano to the recipe and was more liberal with the garlic.  I will definitely make it again and look forward to using this recipe when I need rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...