Saturday, November 12, 2011

Inside My Kitchen

Today, I awoke to a light skiff of snow on the ground.  I am so not ready for snow!  I have things to do and places to go!  That first snow always brings out the crazy drivers.  You know, the ones that think snow is a white version of dry concrete and drive accordingly.  The snow melted quickly, but tonight as I write, it has started again in earnest and we already have an inch and a half of that fluffy stuff.


Since I didn't have any where to go today, I decided to make a delicious pot of soup and a batch of dinner rolls using a recipe from Bette Hagman's bread recipe book.


I used the Basic Featherlight Rice Bread recipe for the dinner rolls.  They turned out beautifully.  I love the flour mix for this recipe.  It is light and fluffy without any grittiness!  It makes great bread and rolls!
Don't they look yummy!

Since we were baking today, Paprika decided she wanted to have another go in the kitchen, but this time she wanted to make muffins.


She made Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins using the Namaste Muffin Mix.  I buy the mix from Amazon's Subscribe and Save.  The current price is $24.71 for 6 bags of mix.


The mix is very versatile and I have used it as a base for lemon poppy seed, apple, cinnamon almond, blueberry, and chocolate chip muffins.  You can make 12 muffins for approximately $4.11 plus any added ingredients.  This is great for the budget, especially since gf muffins in the freezer section can run $7.00 for four muffins!  I make a batch of these and keep them in my freezer to take out when we need them.



Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins:

1 Package of Namaste Muffin Mix
2 eggs
1/4 cup of oil
1 cup of Orange Juice
1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Prepare muffin tins with paper liners or lightly grease.

Mix the eggs, oil, and orange juice in a medium sized mixing bowl until combined.  Add the muffin mix and stir until it is well blended.  It should not be lumpy.  Add the chocolate chips.

Spoon into muffin tins and bake 12-15 minutes or until the tops turn golden brown.


Thanks for the delicious muffins Paprika!
So, while today was definitely cold outside, inside my kitchen it was warm.  My kitchen was full of laughter and scrumptious smells.  My kitchen was filled with the hum of conversation and the clink of pans and the scrape of spoons.  Today my kitchen was warm and filled with love.  A perfect way to spend a Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...