Saturday, December 31, 2011

Did Someone Say Dairy Free Clam Dip?

I have loved clam dip since I was a kid!  Years ago I found this recipe and have been making it ever since.  Well, that is until I had to stick to a dairy free diet.  This year we made the best discovery!  There in the cooler section next to things like soy-cheese and tofu was this outstanding product that made Clam Dip a reality:



AND



The Clam Dip was great!  All the dips were dairy free this year and quite honestly, nobody could tell the difference!!  I am making this one again for New Year's Eve!

CLAM DIP:

1 package (8 oz) Tofutti's Better Than Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup Tofutti's Better Than Sour Cream
2 cans minced clams, drained reserving 2 Tbsp liquid
1 Tbsp chopped parsley
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/4 tsp Worcestershire Sauce

In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and clam liquid until smooth and well blended.  I used and electric mixer for this.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Cover and chill.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...