Monday, June 25, 2012

Simple Summer Fare: Crab Stuffed Avocados

I like to keep things simple when I can.  If I can get by with just a few ingredients to make something lickity-split, I'm your gal.  This recipe came about simply because it was lunchtime and these were the ingredients on hand.  Oh, and the fact I was playing with paleo ingredients which makes this dairy free and gluten free, as well.  After eating it though, I will definitely make this on purpose next time.  It is great for summer and delicious!


Crab Stuffed Avocado:

1 can of crab meat (or you can use fresh crab)
Handful of grape tomatoes, cut in quarters
2-3 mini peppers, chopped
1 avocado, halved
Salsa (I used Trader Joe's Garlic Salsa.  YUM!)

Mix crab, tomatoes, and peppers together.  Add salsa (according to your taste) and mix together.  Top avocado halves.  Add one tablespoon of salsa to the top.  Serves two.

See!  EASY!!!  And yummy!  You could change this up depending on the ingredients you have on hand.  Instead of crab meat you could use chicken or tuna.  Vegetable choices could include celery and cucumbers.  Add some basil, garlic, a little mayo and Dijon mustard instead of the salsa for a creamy topping.  The choices are up to you!

Simple summer fare. Quick and easy.  Delicious!  I love it!  I hope you enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...