Thursday, February 9, 2012

My First Ever Daybook

Outside my window...
Snow!  I still see piles of snow!  The weather has reached forty the past few days and it was just enough to give me a bit of spring fever.  Yes, I realize it is only the beginning of February, but one can hope can't they!

I am thankful for...
Dan who knows just what I need and when I need it most!  Like chocolate!

I am thinking about...
A presentation I am giving tomorrow night.  I am sharing my journey to a gluten free life.  It has truly been an amazing journey and as I look back I feel so blessed to have reached this point.  I feel so incredibly thankful that Paprika has been pain free for the last year!  Sometimes it can be very eye-opening to revisit the path just to see how far you have really come.

Learning all the time...
Paprika just finished her study of Art History of the Western World.  It is fun to listen to her identify this artist or that painting.  She discovered a true appreciation for the impressionists through her studies.  Allspice is finishing up his in-depth study of macroeconomics and Cinnamon is working through Western Civilization II.  They are earning both college and high school credits through a dual credit program. 

From the kitchen...
Tonight I am making Pizza Baked Potatoes.   Cheap and yummy!
 
I am creating...
Some Valentine's Day surprises!  I can't wait!

I am working on...
plans for Allspice's graduation from high school! I know it isn't until May, but he is our first to graduate and I need the time to figure it all out!

I am going...
to get a massage tomorrow!  I can't wait!  This was a thoughtful gift from my mom at Christmas and I am finally taking advantage of it!

I am hoping...
to change up some things on my blog.  I realized that being gluten free is only part of who I am and I really want to share some other things with you all.  I am hoping to post blogs about homeschooling soon.

I am reading...
Starbucked by Taylor Clark.  Definitely an interesting read.

I just finished Still Alice by Lisa Genova last night.  I found the book incredibly sad and somehow beautiful at the same time.  It is a story of a Harvard professor who discovers at fifty years old she has early onset Alzheimer's.

I am excited to start something new, light, and fun.  I am picking up The Bungalow by Sarah Jio at the library today.  I read her novel The Violets of March and really enjoyed it, so I thought I would give her new one a try. 

I am praying for...
My beautiful friend who could have her baby any day now!  I am praying for an easy delivery and health for mama and baby.

I am hearing...
our mechanic giving us more bad news!  We took our car in because is was leaking only to discover that it was going to cost seven hundred dollars to fix!  That was until today when they got in there and discovered another valve that was bad.  Three hundred dollars more.
 
Around the house...
I need to do some organizing.  I really must be in that spring fever mode!  I feel like deep cleaning and airing out the house.  Probably not a good idea when it is only 38 degrees outside. 

One of my favorite things...
post-it notes that Dan leaves me on my coffee cup before he goes to work. 

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Irish dance for Cinnamon and Paprika.  Taekwon do for Allspice.  Maybe a relaxing weekend?  I would love that!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Cooking and reading!  A perfect use of time!  As long as you remember you are cooking!

3 comments:

  1. If you have spring fever, I highly recommend cleaning the chandelier and any other light fixtures. It is very satisfying. Ask me how I know. :)

    Dan leaves you notes on your coffee cup in the morning? Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your first daybook!!! I am also hoping for a quick and pain-free delivery for our dear Sarah!!! But if I find out she managed to persuade someone into cleaning that chandelier of hers I'm gonna send her a reprimanding email! And then ask how in the world she convinced someone to do it!
    I'm so glad Sarah has such a wonderful friend to bring her after-delivery goodies...
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...