Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Survival Mode and Baked Curried Chicken

Adding three or four days of driver's training a week has completely turned my world upside down.  I thought I was busy before, but now I constantly feel like I am in emergency survival mode trying to get to everything.   Let me give you an example.  I was trying to throw in a couple of loads of laundry today.  Paprika happened to walk by and ask what load I was doing, to which I replied, jeans.  She said, "Wait," only to run off and return with the jeans she had been wearing.  "I am so glad you are doing jeans.  I have been wearing these jeans for like three weeks since you haven't done that load!  I just keep waiting!"

Okay.  Now wait just a second!  First of all, I can promise you I have done the laundry and that "three" week estimate was off.........significantly off!  Second, did my precious, silently-waiting, TEENAGE daughter ever offer to do that load of three week old jeans herself?  My incredulous look must have said it all, as she quickly smiled, said thanks, and skedaddled. 

So, it is obvious by my lack of laundry efficiency and lack of posting, that I truly have been busy.  Tonight I thought I would stop and take a quick breath and post the recipe of the Baked Curried Chicken we had tonight.  This is super easy and was delicious!


Baked Curried Chicken

Chicken (I used boneless, skinless, thighs, but any kind or amount would work)
5 cloves of garlic minced
Olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Basil
Curry powder

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Place chicken in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.  Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.  Sprinkle chicken with a liberal amount of basil and Curry powder.  Top with minced garlic.  Bake 35 minutes.

Simple and delicious.  While the chicken was in the oven, I made a quick salad and steamed asparagus.  It was so easy, I would definitely make it again. 


I am off for now.  The dryer just buzzed and I think Paprika has some jeans to fold!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...