Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Cold March Daybook

Outside my window...
Snowflakes.  Yes.  Again.  Where is spring?  Well, it was here last week; a couple of beautiful days followed by snow.  At least with snow this time of year, it is usually here today gone tomorrow.   At least in theory anyway, because although this pile is significantly smaller......it is still here!




I am thankful for...
Driver’s education ending on Thursday!!!!! 

I am thinking about...
All the things I need to get done!  It is making me a bit crazy.  I am certainly feeling slightly overwhelmed.  Allspice graduates this year, so transcripts, notebooks, plans, announcements, and a graduation party all need to be worked on and finished.  And then there is all that goes with just normal life too!


Learning all the time...
Paprika cracked me up at dinner tonight with this comment, “math was okay until they decided to add the alphabet.”  Hmmm.  Could that be why she has chosen to be an English major instead of anything to do with math?

From the kitchen...
P F Changs Spicy Chicken…..homemade!  It was spicy and delicious.  I will post the recipe soon!




I am creating...
a workout schedule.  I admit it has been a bit haphazard, but I am going to work on a written schedule so I can keep better track of my goals.

I am working on...
eating healthier.  I have been researching and reading about nutrition.  Interesting stuff I assure you.  No, really!  Besides you can then impress your friends with big words.

I am going...
to the Saint Patrick’s Day parade.  I am hoping it won’t rain or snow!

I am hoping...
to plant flowers this year that the deer won’t eat.  I will need to research that a bit.  Paprika loves flowers and wants to have her hand at the fenced in flower beds.  I am also hoping to plant and have a successful garden this year.  Well, there is always hope.


I am reading...
The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf and looking through several paleo cookbooks.  I am also reading The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom for fun. 

I am praying for...
My mom who is having a “big” birthday in a couple of weeks!

My special goddaughter and her awesome family!

I am hearing...
The sound of baby chicks!  We just purchased our new chicks for the year.  They are so cute and fuzzy.  We will get our pigs in a few more weeks.  I can’t wait.




Around the house...
some mean games of Settlers of Catan are being played.  I love that game!  We got it for Christmas and we all love playing it.  It has been a blast.

One of my favorite things...
thrift store shopping while I wait for the girls to get out of driver’s ed. class.  One of the best thrift stores in town just happens to be right across the street!  Okay.  I admit that on occasion, the waiting was tolerable and the deals were great!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Thursday is the last day of driver’s education!  I am so glad to get back to a more normal routine.  Cinnamon and Paprika will be performing with the Haran Irish Dancers during the St. Patrick’s Day parade on Saturday.  They are excited and have been practicing hard.  Taekwon do, dance classes, the library, school, a microeconomics test and church will fill out the rest of the week. 

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...